The following terms and conditions apply to all orders for the purchase of services from Horton Training.
If you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact Lynne Horton, 07552216030 between Monday to Friday 8:30 – 17:00 excluding bank and public holidays, or email Lynne@horton-training.com.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- Definitionsa. “Attendee” means a person who is booked to attend a Course.
b. “Contract” means these terms and conditions, the application form which is completed by the Customer and the booking confirmation issued by Horton Training to the Customer.
d. “Course” means a first aid course, a mental first aid course or any similar course organised and run by Horton Training.
e. “Customer” means the purchaser of Services, being either an Organisation or an Individual, and, where the context so requires “Customer” also includes Attendees.
f. “DP Legislation” means all applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy including the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/697), Data Protection Act 2018, and any statutory instrument, order, rule or regulation made thereunder.
g. “Group Course” means a Course booked by an Organisation, for the benefit of its staff or other members of the Organisation, and held at a location chosen by the Organisation.
h. “Individual” means a person who attends a Scheduled Course.
i. “Organisation” means a Customer which is a company, charity, organisation, or other group, including a family group, which books a Group Course or books places for Individuals on a Scheduled Course.
j. “Scheduled Course” means a Course held at Horton Training Centre on which members of the public can book a place, and on which Organisations can book one or more places for their members or staff.
k. “Services” means all Courses, first aid products and any other related products or services supplied by Horton Training.
- Payment a. An Individual who books a place on a Scheduled Course must make payment at the time of booking or within 14 working days of the course date.
b. An Organisation which book a Group Course, Including an Organisation which books places for Individuals on a Group Course will be issued with an invoice which the Organisation must pay in full 14 working days of the Course start date.
c. Horton Training reserves the right to withhold certificates until full payment has been cleared.
- Cancellations, Rescheduling and Substitution – Generala. Horton Training may cancel or reschedule a Course at any time.
b. If Horton Training cancels a Course, it will inform the Customer of this as soon as possible, and will give the Customer the option of attending the next available Course.
c. Horton Training does not accept any responsibility for certificates which expire because of a cancelled Course.
d. Cancellations, requests to reschedule a Course or requests to substitute an Individual on a Scheduled Course can be made by phone 07552216030 or email Lynne@horton-training.com.
- Cancellations by an Organisation of a Group Course or of places on a Scheduled Coursea. If an Organisation cancels a Group Course on giving less than 10 working days’ notice of cancellation before the Group Course start date, the Organisation shall pay the full course fee for the cancelled Group Course.
b. If an Organisation cancels bookings for Individuals on a Scheduled Course on giving less than 10 working days’ notice of cancellation before the Scheduled Course start date, the Organisation shall pay the full course fees.
- Cancellations by an Individuala. An Individual may cancel the booking of a place on a Scheduled Course within 10 working days of making the booking, starting on the day after the day on which the place on the Scheduled Course was booked.
b. An Individual may cancel a place on a Scheduled Course at any time up to 10 working days before the Course start date.
c. If an Individual cancels a booking under sub-clause 5(a) or sub-clause (b) above, Horton Training will refund the fee.
d. If an Individual cancels a booking of a place on a Scheduled Course more than 10 calendar days after making the booking and the Scheduled Course is within 10 days of the date of cancellation, Horton Training will not refund the fee.
- Transfer of Individuals on Scheduled Coursesa. If an Organisation books places for Individuals on a Scheduled Course it may transfer one or more Individuals from one Scheduled Course to another Scheduled Course, once, without incurring a charge, provided that Horton Training receives this request to transfer at least 3 working days before the initial Scheduled Course start date.
Details of persons attending Scheduled CoursesAn Organisation which has booked a Scheduled Course must give details of the persons who will attend that Scheduled Course, not later than the start of the Scheduled Course.
- Rescheduling of Group Coursea. An Organisation may reschedule a Group Course without charge, provided that Horton Training receives the request at least 10 working days before the start date of the initial Group Course.
b. If a request to reschedule a Group Course is received fewer than 10 working days before the Group Course start date, the Organisation will incur a charge of 50 per cent of the initial Group Course fee.
- Course Timing and Booking Confirmationa. Good time keeping throughout the Course is essential.
b. Horton Training will email a booking confirmation to the booker which includes information about the start time of the Course.
c. If the booker does not receive a booking confirmation, it is the responsibility of the booker to contact Horton Training either by phone 07552216030 or email email@example.com to arrange for the booking confirmation to be re-sent.
d. If an Attendee fails to attend a Course because the booker did not receive a booking confirmation, the Customer must still pay the full cost of the Course.
e. It is the responsibility of the booker to ensure that the Attendee is fully briefed and made aware of these instructions about attendance, and all other Course requirements, before attending the Course.
f. Horton Training will post certificates and invoices to UK addresses. If a Customer requires additional copies, whether sent by post or email, the Customer may be required to pay an additional fee for these.
g. If a Customer requires the Horton Training Course to send documentation outside the UK, the Customer may be required to pay an additional fee.
- Attendancea. Attendees must attend and complete all aspects of the Course to qualify for certification.
b. The full cost of the Course will be charged for Attendees who arrive late or are absent from all or part of the Course. This applies even if the Attendee is refused admittance due to lateness.
- Meeting the needs of Attendeesa. Horton Training has an Equal Opportunities Policy.
b. To enable Horton Training to ensure that all Attendees are treated fairly and their requirements are fully met, the Customer must tell Horton Training in advance of any special arrangements that an Attendee needs in order to enable the Attendee to participate fully in the training.
c. Horton Training does not provide any specialist equipment and/or personnel such as signers or translators; however these can be sourced at the Customer’s own cost.
- Attendee age, fitness and dispositiona. The duties of a first aider can be physically demanding. All Attendees must be:
i. physically able to provide colleagues with first aid, e.g. able to kneel on the floor and administer cardio pulmonary resuscitation, in line with the Health & Safety Executive’s (HSE) Approved Code of Practice,
ii. free from any condition that will affect their participation in the Course and their capability to carry out the duties of a first aider,
iii. reliable, with the necessary disposition and communication skills,
iv. able to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency procedures,
v. easily reachable in the event of an emergency at work, and
vi. 16 years old or above.
b. Attendees who are unable to meet the above requirements or fail to meet the pre-set assessment criteria for the course will not be awarded a certificate and will not be able to act as first aiders in the workplace.
c. It is the responsibility of the Customer to select suitable persons to train to become first aiders in the workplace.
- Requalificationa. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that Attendees attending a first aid requalification Course hold proof of having a first aid at work certificate. If the certificate has passed its expiry date, it is not possible to attend a requalification course one month after expiry date of last qualification.
Limitation of liabilitya. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Horton Training shall not be liable by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent) or implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law or under these Terms and Conditions, for any loss of profit or any indirect special or consequential loss, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation.
b. Horton Training’s entire liability to the Customer under or in connection with the Contract and the provision of Services shall not exceed the sum of twice the price paid by the Customer for the Services. Nothing in this paragraph is intended to exclude any liability on the part of Horton Training for fraud.
- Data protectiona. The provisions of this clause 15 shall apply to any disclosure by the Customer of personal data, including any sensitive personal data; as such terms are defined by the DP Legislation.
b. In the application form for a Course, the Customer will give to the Horton Training the names, addresses telephone numbers and email addresses of the booker and Attendees, and details of any medical conditions that might affect the participation of an Attendee on a Course.
c. The personal data referred to in clause 15 (b) will be used by Horton Training only for the purpose of Course administration. Horton Training may disclose this personal data to Nuco Training, who provide accreditation and certificates for Customers.
d. Horton Training shall have technical and organisational measures in place against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data held or processed by it, appropriate to the harm that might result from such unauthorised or unlawful processing or loss, destruction or damage to personal data and the nature of the personal data.
e. Horton Training shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that staff that has access to personal data processed in connection with the Contract is reliable and properly trained.
f. Horton Training shall notify the Customer as soon as possible and at least within 1 working day if Horton Training believes any breach or unauthorised disclosure of personal information has occurred.
h. Horton Training shall destroy all personal data relating to the Contract, using a secure method when it is no longer needed for the Services.
i. Contact details supplied to Horton Training will not be passed on to third parties.